Inspection and Clearance
All restricted and controlled goods imported into Brunei Darussalam will be subject to customs inspection prior clearance of the goods.
In certain circumstances, normal goods will also be subjected to inspection.
Do I need pre-scheduled inspection?
- Which documents would I need to provide?
Some controlled goods requires pre-scheduled inspection by the respective responsible agencies, except in certain circumstance, when you are asked not to do so.
Example of goods requires pre-scheduled inspection are as follows:
Obligations of importers and customs agents (forwarders):
- Firearms, explosives, fire crackers, and dangerous weapons
- Timber and product thereof
Generally, you are required to retain the relevant supporting documents relating to the purchase, import, sale or export of the goods for a period of 7 years from:
- the date of the Customs Import Declaration has been approved; or
- from the date of purchase, import, sale or export (for goods imported via Post Office and for personal goods or household effects accompany the passengers as hand-carry or check-in luggage ).
These documents can be stored as physical hardcopies or softcopies or as images. You are required to produce these supporting documents to Royal Customs and Excise Department upon request.